Junior Accountant – La Paz, Bolivia
New Pacific Metals Corp. is hiring for a dynamic Junior Accountant to join our growing La Paz office in Bolivia. As a member of the NUAG’s Accounting & Finance team, the Junior Accountant ensures invoices are properly processed and monthly reconciliations are completed on time for NUAG and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries through accepted accounting practices. The Junior Accountant also contributes to working papers, prepares reports and participates in projects as needed.
· Process invoices and expense reports in a timely manner and make sure they are properly coded, approved, and paid
· Prepare payment of all invoices through EFTs, wire transfers, cheque runs and other acceptable payment methods according to established payment schedule and
· Prepare journal entries into Accounting system
· Conduct monthly general ledger accounts reconciliations and variance analyses and book adjustments from reconciliations and analyses
· Prepare expense reports for corporate credit cards and prepare monthly reconciliation
· Reconcile employee expense reports and coordinate payments
· Review and reconcile vendor accounts and coordinate with vendors when needed
· Manage and keep track of petty cash
· Participate in month-end, quarter-end, year-end process as part of public company requirements and assist the team as needed
· Coordinate with the Vancouver Accounting team and ensure consistent practices
· File and organize accounting records including shared folders with backups
· Perform other duties as required
· Undergraduate education in Business, Commerce or similar field with Accounting concentration
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with good writing styles in both English and Spanish
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy, detail, and ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
· Ability to work with different cultures across different time zones
· Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and familiarity with Accounting software
Additional Desired Qualifications:
· One year of related accounting experience in a similar capacity strongly preferred
· Mandarin language ability considered a strong asset
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
· Periodic overtime to meet deadlines and reporting requirements
New Pacific offers a competitive remuneration package and opportunities within a dynamic international mining exploration company. If this role sounds like a good fit, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.
About New Pacific Metals
New Pacific Metals is exploring and developing precious and base metals properties in South America, Canada and China. Our flagship property is the Silver Sand project in the Potosí Department of Bolivia.
Our largest shareholders are Silvercorp Metals Inc. (TSX: SVM), the largest primary silver producer in China, and Pan American Silver Corp. (TSX: PAAS), one of the world’s largest primary silver producers, which operates six mines, including the San Vicente mine located in the Potosí Department of Bolivia.