Exploration Geologist – Potosi Department, Bolivia
We are seeking an Exploration Geologist to join our growing technical team. The ideal candidate will be someone who has practical field experience with precious metals exploration and drill program experience.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Exploration Geologist will work very closely with the technical team at the company’s flagship Silver Sand property in Bolivia.
· Work with the technical services team on the exploration drilling program including but not limited to monitoring drilling progress, core logging, up-to-date plotting and interpretation of drill sections, implementing and monitoring of relevant workflows and procedures (QA/QC etc.)
· Contribute to comprehensive exploration targets and plans including compilation of historical data, managing and analyzing site database, surface sampling and mapping, and historical core reviews
· Assist with the technical aspects of the Company’s projects including but not limited to QA/QC for exploration activities, exploration, resource modelling and engineering, due diligence and data auditing, economic assessments etc.
· Contribute to geological interpretation of structures information and deposits including data compilation, integration and 3D modelling
· Manage standards and procedures when generating and analyzing data
· Prepare scheduled drilling reports and other reports as required to highlight key progress
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor of Science degree in Geology
· Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a similar role with significant exposure to operations within the mining industry
· Practical field experience with exploration and evaluation techniques
· Micromine or similar software packageMust be dynamic, self-motivated with demonstrated leadership and managerial experience
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Highly adaptable to ever changing high-demand work environment
· Spanish fluency and experience working in Latin America
Additional Desired Qualifications:
· Registered Professional Geologist in Canada or equivalent considered a strong asset
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
· This position is on a scheduled rotation schedule with six weeks on and two weeks off to our project in Bolivia
· Travels to other destinations for potential projects may be required
· Our Silver Sand project is located in Potosi Department, Bolivia at high elevation.
New Pacific offers competitive remuneration package and growth opportunity within a dynamic environment. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.