Project Manager, Silver Sand – Potosi Department, Bolivia
New Pacific Metals Corp. is hiring for a well-rounded Project Manager to join our fast developing Silver Sand project in Potosi Department, Bolivia. Reporting to the COO, this role will lead and manage the Company’s project development & exploration activities for the Silver Sand Project. Working closely with the senior management team, this role is integrally involved in the strategic planning and execution of the Company’s work programs, as well as related administrative and technical responsibilities.
· Work with the senior management team to design, plan, and direct project development & exploration strategies and activities for the Silver Sand Project as it transitions from exploration to project development.
· Prepare operational budgets, implement and execute activities while achieving definedgoals on time and within established budget
· Manage and implement continuous process improvements related to technical studies including drilling and exploration, team training and organization, work camp, , project security, health & safety, medical and emergency facilities,
· Work closely with the VP HSEC to support community relations, CSR programs and various environmental studies.
· Be a member of the technical committee and provide technical leadership, guidance and support for the employees and liaise with contractors
· Provide or facilitate training, and develop relevant training manuals and other process-related documents
· Understand and follow all statutory health, safety and environmental regulations and enforce the regulations with all staff and contractors
· Prepare monthly operational reports or as required
· Prepare staffing budget, manage the hiring process for the project, and oversee the on-site workforce including employees, expats, and contractors
· Ensure compliance with all legal and governmental obligations and legislations; manage compliance and applications for related permits from appropriate governmental authorities and landowners
· Assist in the evaluation of potential project acquisitions
· Perform other duties as required
· Minimum 15 years of experience in an Project Manager role or equivalent in a similar industry
· Minimum of 10 years of management/supervisory experience in the mining or mineral exploration industry specifically working on advanced projects.
· Undergraduate education in Geology or Engineering
· Proven leadership skills and ability to manage large, diverse teams
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy, detail, and ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
· Highly adaptable to ever changing high-demand work environment and able to juggle different priorities and multiple demands
· Spanish fluency and experience working in Latin America an advantage
Additional Desired Qualifications:
· Post-graduate degree in Geology, Engineering or similar filed considered an asset
· Experience with government and community relations and other corporate social responsibility matters considered a strong asset
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
· This position will require working at elevations ranging from ~3000-4500 meters in Betanzos, Bolivia with extended rotation shifts and occasional travels to other destinations as required
New Pacific offers a competitive remuneration package and opportunities within a dynamic international mining exploration company. If this role sounds like a good fit, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.